Thursday, October 21, 2010

"My Journey To.....



.....Starting The Race God Desires Me to Walk."
This is my first ever blog or anything like it. (Please take caution that I am not a literary genius, nor am I good with a computer so please forgive my stumbles as I take this step of faith.) I am taking this opportunity to publicly declare my journaling and share in my thoughts, meditations, and moments of profound (and not so profound) realizations. I am inviting you to now join me on "My Journey To....Start The Race God Desires Me to Walk."

Notice that when titling this blog entry, I have purposely labeled it as the Race to WALK. I did not utilize the strong and common word "Run," for many reasons. First of all I am not sure I have ever heard of anyone completing an entire Journey by running the entire time. Sure they may have had brief or even extended times of sprinting, but in order to retain the true meaning of what they are trying to accomplish we must all slow down to catch what God has purposed us for.

A couple of weeks ago I took this picture of the Start Line as I cheered on my Mother preparing to Run The Race. At the time this was just another picture of a start line and a moment I was proud of my mother for accomplishing a goal she had set for herself. Now I stare at this picture and I am sure I am over thinking it when I start noticing how far away this start line is. It is almost overwhelming how it is  a journey in itself to arrive at the start line of something so important and big. As I continued to ponder and probably over analyze this metaphor I built in my head, I realize it is not that different or far fetched from what a believers life looks like. I know in my life I was not always a "Believer," it was a long journey and path that brought me to the Faith I have in the Lord.  There was a lot of space in between me and arriving at the "Start Line," and at times it seemed almost impossible to navigate the way to this path I now know God intended for me. I know that my mother as a marathon woman is always excited to run and truly enjoys the brisk moments she spends treading the pathways to accomplish her objecting. I can only imagine this being the same feeling I have at this moment, feeling wrapped up in the elation and anticipation of beginning My Journey To Starting The Race God Desires Me To WALK......"

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely written! It's a long journey that you'll most definitly be on for the rest of your life. It's hard to not go astray, but it's comforting to know that there is always a place on the path no matter what. :)

    ReplyDelete