Monday, October 25, 2010

My Journey To.....


....Liking Where God Puts Me, When He Puts Me There....




For those of you whom witnessed the last 2 crazy years of my life, know that one of my biggest spiritual hurdles (or what I saw as an obstacle at the time) was being taken from my proverbial comfort zone and planted in a far off land.  As God uprooted my life and mapquested me 4hours 30 minutes/ 264.57 miles away from everything I found safe and comfortable and relocated me in a the land of Las Vegas ("Sin City") I felt a whirlwind of emotion. In the beginning I found myself praying "Gods will for my life," with my mouth, but blabbering like a dramatic toddler in my heart. I was throwing a temper tantrum on the inside and basically was determined to make the worst of it. If you were back in AZ. and called me on any given day, I would have described life as though God made me walk all the way here bare foot, then put me in the section 8 area of Vegas (Somewhere along Harmon St. jk), in a card board box, defeated. I would cry for hours and whine about everything, I truly was ignoring everything God was telling me or showing me yet I still prayed my rubber prayers (the insincere prayers that happen when we pray for something half heartedly and it just bounces off and goes into the unknown)and portrayed the plastic image. Don't get me wrong, I had some moments of gratitude, and joy on this journey and looking back ....well we will get to that.


   It wasn't until we were getting ready to move out of our Town house and I had to clean for our move out inspection that I saw a glimpse of what God had blessed me and my family with. He didn't place us in the ghetto, in fact he did the polar opposite. We lived in a 3 story town house, in an exclusive gated community. We didn't live stranded in a destitute desert, we lived across the street from my parents. We didn't have to walk 246.57 miles, we drove here and had an abundance of help from people who genuinely loved and cared about us. He didn't tear me apart from my friendships back in AZ, he strengthened them with the long phone conversations and the comfort of knowing their supportivness and continued prayers. He also blessed me with a group of gals that truly welcomed me and became some of my dearest friends. God didn't strip me of his blessings, instead he was continuously pouring out blessings on me left and right and faithfully providing in abundance. 
    
    Looking back I see the people he placed strategically in my life and the way he multiplied everything to work in accordance to his will. This wasn't the end of my journey to finding peace in a city I had only vacationed in. 


  From there we relocated to west Las Vegas and God Blessed us with a wonderful Christian School for our son, a Church we could call home (and grow us so much in our walks, this church honestly changed us forever), financial freedom, more friends and relationships that would be edifying to the Lord. We finally found such peace and serenity in the coziness we were blessed in. Then after 9 more short months, God said....Move back. My Heart stopped and I knew I didn't "have to" trust him, I "wanted to" trust him. This was my footnote version of finding peace with God's will for my life. Even though it was not one of my proudest moments as a woman of God, it was a defining moment and a lesson I will treasure and be grateful for forever. 







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It's nice to have a glimpse of your life ;)

    ReplyDelete